Sunday, September 23, 2007

A world away, part 2 on the Qing Ping Market






Today when we went to the market it really felt like we were a world away, in China. I say this, but it only on the other side of the bridge from our hotel. You literally cross the bridge from the island where our hotel is located and everything changed. We knew we were going to have an adventure, but we saw more than I expected. There were dried sea horses, some sort of animal bones (not sure what kind of animal), dried grubs, and many other items that I have no idea what they were. I can not even begin to guess. The market was very large and made its way down several streets. When you looked down the street all you could see was one stall after another over flowing with items. As different as the market is, I am happy that I got to go to the market and see even more of the Chinese culture.

It was too bad that we just ate breakfast because there was a man with a lunch cart and boy did it look appetizing. (he, he)
-Sue

No comments: